- Build an environment for the creation and effective utilisation of knowledge.
- Contribute to the advancement of the global community by continuously fostering mutual trust and enriching diverse cultures.
- Achieve growth and fulfillment in both our professional and personal lives.
About Fuji Xerox Singapore
Fuji Xerox Singapore Pte Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Xerox (Japan), together with other operating companies in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Fuji Xerox Singapore Pte Ltd is a leading provider and trusted partner for quality document services and communications, enabling people and businesses to share knowledge across all platforms seamlessly. Established in 1965, Fuji Xerox Singapore employs approximately 800 staff, including a team of industry leading professionals who support our portfolio of document management technologies, IT solutions, and customer communication services. Fuji Xerox Singapore offers a holistic ecosystem of products and solutions to enable businesses to achieve increased productivity and efficiency while deriving greater value from communications. This includes world-class office multifunction devices, cloud and mobile solutions, multichannel marketing solutions, and business process management solutions.
At Fuji Xerox Singapore, our commitment to being a long term investor of the community in which we operate is underpinned by the principle of ‘Enable and Empower’, focusing on youths in Singapore.
Fuji Xerox Singapore Factsheet
- File Size:
- 571.51 KB
- Document Type:
- Portable Document Format
- Fuji Xerox Staff Strength: 45,3971
- Staff Strength in Singapore: 8281
- Strengths in: Innovation, Technology, Customer Service, Sustainability
- ISO 90012 since 1996
- Achieved Singapore Quality Class3 in 1998
- ISO 140014 certified in 2004
- As of 2016.
- ISO 9001:2008 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organisation needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Launched in 1997, Singapore Quality Class (SQC) is the certification for the overall business excellence standard. Based on the internationally bench marked business excellence framework, the SQC provides organisations with a holistic model for managing a business for excellence. It has 7 categories, namely, Leadership, Planning, Information, People, Processes, Customers and Results.
- ISO 14001:2004 specifies requirements for an environmental management system to enable an organisation to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes, and information about significant environmental aspects. It applies to those environmental aspects that the organisation identifies as those which it can control and those which it can influence. It does not itself state specific environmental performance criteria.