Our approach to Sustainability
At Fuji Xerox Singapore, environmental concerns have been part of our business operations for many years. In line with the Group's vision and sustainability strategy, we uphold environmental values and principles, and ensure that they are inculcated in our employees at all levels of the organization
In 2003, Fuji Xerox Singapore implemented the Environmental Management System (EMS) in its offices and local operations. In the same year, it obtained ISO 14001 from the Japan Audit and Certification Organization (JACO). The EMS aims to improve the resource efficiency of our business practices and to reduce the adverse impact we have on the environment.
Annually, top management set the environmental targets based on the framework and make sure they are communicated to respective departments staff. Monthly performance are tracked and announced to at prominent locations around the offices. Functions that require improvements are reviewed during the monthly CSR meeting attended by a team of senior management.
Since 2003, we have achieved the following performance for our Environmental efforts:
- 40% reduction in carbon dioxide (CO2) emission
- 48% reduction in electricity usage
- 23% reduction in fuel consumption
- 42.9% reduction in office paper usage
- 38 times increase in sale of FSC certified/recycled papers
- 2 times increase in sale of eco-conscious equipment
- Collected and recycled 91,646 units of used toner cartridges & customer replaceable unit (CRU) in 2012
- Over 250 establishments attended "Go Green" workshops on how to implement eco-practices internally
- In addition, we also place strong emphasis on educating the users and younger generation on Green IT, CSR and environmental best practices. This is done through partnerships with leading industry bodies and education institutions.
- Collaborate with ITEs in Corporate and School Partnership Programme to impart green values to the youth
CASP participating students from ITE College West with Ms. Pauline Chua, General Manager,
Human Capital & CSR, Fuji Xerox Singapore.
Fuji Xerox Singapore has been part of the community, and the community has been a big part of Fuji Xerox Singapore for more than three decades. It is our goal to become a long-term investor of the community in which we operate.
Because we want to make a contribution towards the society and environment we want for our children and grandchildren, our social contribution efforts focuses on youth. We also strive to maximise our commitment to community development through engaging our employees.
The four charities which Fuji Xerox Singapore is currently supporting are:
- Children's Cancer Foundation (since 2007)
- The Boys' Brigade (since 2007)
- Singapore Children's Society (since 2012)
- Habitat for Humanity (since 2012)
Charity Movie Screening